From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2015 11:17:43 -0500
Howard:

Here are my answers to your questions, for what they are worth.  They follow
your questions and are noted by a series of stars.  If anyone else on the
list wants to correct anything I'm saying, feel free:

1.  I am using the ldg kt-100, and I wonder if I have to manually disable
the internal tuner, or if it is disabled automatically?

***When using an LDG tuner, I think you have to disable the internal
automatic antenna tuner manually.  My understanding is that LDG doesn't make
cables to interface their auto-tuners with Kenwood rigs.  This is why I'm
seriously considering the MFJ 998 as a high-power tuner as an upgrade to my
current TS590 setup.

2.  The radio tunes down to 400 KHZ.
I thought it went lower.  Am I wrong?
I don't see any reason to play with that 20 DB jumper, because it won't
change the signal to noise ratio.

*****I think you are correct about the bottom tuning range for the rig.
And, at least for now, I have decided not to mess with the jumpers to
increase the broadcast band sensitivity for the rig.  I'm not sure it's
worth the trouble either, and I don't know if I want to take the risk of
messing something else up in the process.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ