From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2015 11:25:18 -0330
Howard:

If your looking at an external ATU, perhaps the TS-480 or K-3 remote station package
might be your best bet, depending on the funds you have available. LOL
Microbit, the company that produces the remote rig, even has an accessory that allows controlling of the Elecraft KPA-500, SPE 1-KFA and Acom 2000A amplifiers.
I had a Windom with my FT-450 and it tuned it no problems from 75/80M/6M but I only ran 100W.
If had the bucks, I'd probably go for the complete K-3 remote package, including the amp and ATU and the remote rig amplifier controller as well. LOL
It would probably cost about 10 or 12 thousand US. LOL but the 480 and an MFJ external ATU would do nicely.

73:
Mike DE VO1AX