Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2015 21:12:42 -0700
7bit
Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
John,

I thought that was the WARC original ruling.  I've been on 30 since the band
was opened to hams, even when you could not transmit on something like 109
to 112 without being ticketed by the FCC and I bet I haven't heard ssb on 30
more than 3 or 4 times.  All Spanish speaking, too.  I copied Spanish
speaking rag chews outside all ham bands many times over the years.  I can't
speak much Spanish other than enough to make the contact and sign out but I
recognize ham related words in ham conversations on the bands so even those
I heard out of band, I knew were indeed hams.  I had a missionary friend
HI8XRM, Dominican Republic, and he told me he could operate ssb anywhere in
the phone or cw bands.  That was before 30, 17, and 12 were bands of course.
So maybe there's no restriction outside the U S.

Phil.
K0nx