VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2018 23:03:13 -0700
Hi All,

I have a black and white laser printer, and I'm very happy with it.
Occasionally, people send me documents as image files. I can open them
on the computer (think the program is called Microsoft Photos) so a
sighted person can see them, and I can open the files in Open Book to
OCR the content, so ... I know the files are good and supported by my
computer.

My problem is that I can't seem to print the image files. When I try,
the computer tells me to make sure the printer is connected. Weirdly, if
I try printing a text file of some sort, either before or after that,
the text file prints just fine, so I also know the printer is connected
and working.

The only thing I can think of is that the computer may not want to send
what it thinks is a photograph to a black and white printer, but I've
tried messing with properties to print gray scale or something, and
nothing is working. For example, I've tried opening Windows Explorer,
arrowing to the file, and pressing ctrl+p. I've also tried going into
file properties to tell the computer to adjust the size ,etc. I've even
tried going into the wizard that was installed with the printer drivers.
In this last case, the printer turns on, but when I try checking the
queue, the computer says I have no such printer.

Any thoughts on what might be happening or how I might get around it?The
image file I'm trying to print today is a form with check boxes and
blanks to fill in, so it's too much work for me to try recreating.

Thanks for any wisdom.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]