VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 07:04:36 -0800
Sherry,

My guess is that your friend is getting a fee notice from Dropbox
because he's exceeded his storage limit for free accounts. I've
installed Dropbox on a couple of computers over the last few days. I'm
offered the business option, which involves a fee, or the basic option,
which is free.

I just did it last night, in fact. My new laptop included a promotion.
New users would get 20 GB (or something like that) for a year. Users who
already had accounts didn't get anything extra, but I think the storage
limit was 2 GB (though I can't swear on a stack of bibles).

At one point, a friend and I swapped large files by putting them in our
shared folder. This caused me to exceed my limit. Since swapping the
files was important, I went ahead and paid the fee for one month. What I
think I remember is that he temporarily had more memory, so he didn't
have to pay the monthly fee. The other thing I think I remember is that
I got a whole month of extra memory even if I cancelled the subscription
a few days later (so it wouldn't renew).

Hope this helps.

Ciao