From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2015 11:42:32 -0500
Hi Harvey,

The 'Have Mercy' book is MP3 format and is not DAISEY.  Since it is MP3
only, it must be placed in a folder called audio+podcast.  Note the
exact spelling of that folder name.  If it is in there, and you go to
book shelf mode, you will hear a folder named audio files. When you
press enter on that folder, you should hear the book start to play.   In
addition, if you place more than one folder for mp3 files in the
audio+podcast folder, you can navigate using file/folder/phrase
modes--just as you do within DAISEY books.  If you plan on playing a lot
of MP3 books in this manner, be sure to number the folders containing
each book in the order that you wish to play them as well as making sure
that each file within each folder is named in proper order.  If you
aren't careful about that, then the files/folders will play out of order
and you'll be very confused when trying to read such a book.  In other
words, the players sort order is by name by default.

On 2/13/2015 9:37 AM, Harvey Heagy wrote:
> I have the advanced NLS player which has the bookshelf mode, and I copied
> the Have Mercy.zip file onto a cartridge and unzipped it thereby creating
> the folder for it, but even though I have 2 other books on this cartridge,
> my player doesn't recognize this file.  It will only move between the 2 NLS
> books I have on the cartridge.  The only way I can get other types of files
> to play is to put them on cartridges by themselves.  Is there something I
> can do, or something I am not doing?
> Harvey

---