Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 2015 12:51:58 -0500
7bit
Sender:
From:
"Dan B Dyer Jr,/Danny" <[log in to unmask]>
1, Matt and all, I'll answer your speciffic question in a moment.  But as of
last evening there's a Sony icf2010, represented to be in good condition,
for $150, on qth.com.

2, the icf7600GR _doesn't_ cover either the air band, or the US weather
band.  The 2010 does cover the air band, as does the Grundig G6, and some
other receivers.  But I Know Of _No portable communications receiver which
covers the US weather band.
3,

The following info is from the "modern shortwave receiver survey, portion of
the dxing.com section of the universal-radio.com site.  Which Is One Of The
Most Helpful Sites For Comparison Of Portable Communications receivers I
know of.  While some of the more recent units are _not outlined as yet, the
info which _is there, is excellent!
I've successfully used it for a number of years, and found its' ovservations
to be _absolutely "spot on," and is still accurate and applicable to current
questions.
Hope this helps! Danny.
Quoted text follows.
This section of DXing.com is designed to provide the radio hobbyist with
concise information on the value, features, specifications and performance
of popular modern shortwave radios. This information will help the listener
make an informed choice when purchasing a modern used shortwave receiver.
The following questions are addressed:
. What does it look like?
. When was the radio sold?
. What did it sell for when new?
. What is the current used market value?
. Where was the radio made?
. What frequencies does it cover?
. What modes does it receive?
. Is the frequency display analog or digital?
. If a digital display, what is its resolution?
. What voltages (or batteries) are required?
. What accessories were made for it?
. How was the receiver rated?
Receivers built in the last twenty years are solid state. Solid state means
the circuit is composed of transistors and integrated circuits rather than
vacuum tubes. The problems of tube aging, such as heat and wear, are not a
factor with solid state sets. In fact, most solid state receivers work as
well five or ten years after they were made as the day they came out of the
factory.
A rating of 1 to 5 stars for the model as a value on the used market.
HHHHH Excellent HHHH Very Good HHH Good HH Fair H Poor.
Please note that this is a value rating, not an absolute rating.
The used price shown is for a typical working unit in good condition with
manual. (Prices realized on ebay are typically higher). These informational
listings do not represent an offer to buy or an offer to sell.
***Sony ICF-SW7600GR
ICF-SW7600GR
General Coverage Portable Communications Receiver
Rating (1-5): HHHHH (5)
Made In: Japan 2001-2008
Voltages: 6 VDC or 4xAA
Coverage: 150-30000 kHz +FMS
Readout: Digital LCD 1.
Modes: AM/SSB-CW
Selectivity: One Position
Circuit: Double Conversion
Physical: 7.5x4.75x1.3" 1.5 Lbs.
Features: Mini Head. Jack, Tone Switch, 100 Memories, Sweep, Record Jack,
Fine Tuning, Clock-Timer, Up-Down Tune, DX-Local, Dial Lock, LED Tune
Indicator, 9/10 kHz MW Step, External Antenna Jack, Keypad, Dial Lamp, Dial
Lamp Switch, Sleep, Synchronous Detection and variable RF attenuator.
Accessories: AC Adapter, DCC-E345 Car Battery Cord
New Price: $170-230
Used Price: $110-130
Comments: Supplied with vinyl case and windup antenna. Operates from four AA
cells. The least expensive receiver to feature synchronous detection.

 to answer your question, sorry, no wx or air bands.  The 2010 has the Air
band, but I don't know of a portable communications receiver which also
includes the WX band.  (By the way, as of last evening, a Sony icf-2010 was
shown for $150 on qth.com/I know nothing about it! but if that radio is as
represented, that's a good price, although the 2010 has only 32 quite
volatyle memories.