Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2015 21:51:09 -0330
From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Scott:

As your probably a where, outside of Kenwood,  the other manufacturers have something to be desired with regards to accessibility.
As I've not owned an Icom, I did own the Yaesu FT-450 non D version and I found it to be a nice little HF rig.
Once I got sighted help to set up the menu items the way I wanted, it was pretty much set and forget and the F/CS button combo, announced both the freq and mode.
If you were in split mode, pressing the F then CS, would announce the RX frequency, followed by the TX frequency.
You would set another item in the voice synth menu to announce the S-9 and mode.
I left it in the default as I wanted to know the frequency. I found the filtering pretty good but I'd imagine there's improvements to the FT-450D.
If your going up to the FT-950 and above, you may need a PC connected and HRD to get any frequency, S-9 announcements and such.
I ran this FT-450 in a remote Station configuration as well, worked right out of the box with the remote rig products.

Good luck, hope to work ya on 20M some morning and 73:
Mike DE VO1AX