Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2014 12:39:08 -0400
7bit
From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
I don't know the whole story, but I'm fairly sure of these things:  WRMI has
been on the air for years, but their signal has usually not been very strong
and they had one transmitter which they ran on 9955 and sometimes other
frequencies.
Shortly after the world didn't end in 2011, WYFR, Family Radio's transmitter
site in Okeechobee, Florida, went off the air.  Early this year some of
these transmitters were put back on the air under new management, as
organizations could be found to pay for time.  I haven't investigated who
the management is, nor how many of the 11 or so transmitters are regularly
back on the air for whom.  So I think this new station is just one of those
using the old WYFR facilities.  Based on what little I could find of their
website, I don't expect this new station to last very long.  Shortwave
broadcasting is not at all what it used to be.  But you can always listen to
the Iranian radar on 10 meters, as I'm doing at this moment, hi.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com