Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2014 21:05:35 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Hi, all.

I am getting ready for the Pennsylvania QSO Party contest in a little under
2 weeks, and have encountered two problems with the latest version of the
N3FJP P A Q P logging software.  The version number is 3.1, and it is one of
Scott's latest updates.

First, I have noticed a problem with the county data entry field.  The Call
and Serial fields are read properly by Jaws, but when I tab to the county
field, Jaws says "hit F12 to exit keyboard CW.  In other words, the county
data field label is being read incorrectly by Jaws.  Of course, there are a
couple of workarounds I could use if I can't solve this problem.  I could
learn  to ignore the problem, but the extra Jaws verbosity could get rather
annoying after a while, especially during the heat of the contest.  The
other workaround would be to use Kimberly's wave files, which do read
correctly.  But this would mean I would have two voices reading data fields
to me simultaneously.

My second interesting issue is that, when in the CW transmit setup menu, I
can't get Jaws to allow me to properly select the port that my Winkeyer is
using.  My sighted XYL can click on the port with the mouse with no problem,
but I can't seem to select the proper port via the usual keyboard methods.

If anyone has some possible solutions to either of these issues, please let
me know.

At least I'm glad I found them out now, rather than the night before the
contest.  (grin)

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ