ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 2015 21:28:45 -0600
Well, it was another one of those days.  Just a month or so back, our son in law rented a 100 foot power snake, and snaked out our stopped up drain in the basement.  Today, the toilet upstairs started trying to back up.  Years ago, when Congress passed a water restoration law for toilets, you could only buy toilets new that flushed 1.6 gallons of water or less.  The older pots flush 3.4 gallons so plugging wasn’t so common.  I have become an expert unstopping toilets over the years.  Oh, by the way, a couple of years ago, Congress passed a newer law that now allows for 3.4 to 3.6 gallon flush toilets.  Go figure.  I looked in the under the sink cupboard for the plunger but it wasn’t there.  Our kids often come and take it to use without telling us or returning it until we call.  However, I thought I remembered using it to try and unstop the floor drain a month ago.  Stupid thing to do with a large floor drain, too.  I went downstairs and as I slowly made my way down the steps, I prayed and asked the Lord to show me where the plunger was.  I informed him I would have problems finding it because my son in law probably moved it.  Within 60 seconds, I found it and not in a very easy place to find in the utility room.  What did you say about it not working?  Yes, one short spot of plunging  and it flowed normally.  Thank you, Jesus.

Phil.