From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2014 19:15:08 -0500
Steve:

I really don't need to set up the ports that often, so it typically is a
"set it and forget it" sort of thing.  This is actually why I don't usually
worry about the problem too much.

The only time I seem to run into a problem is if I am setting up an updated
version of a program, or when I'm switching from the TS590 to the TS480 for
some reason.  Switching rigs while my TS590 was out at Kenwood Service
Center East was when I ran into the issue again.

As you suggest, maybe routing the Winkeyer to another port might be at least
a partial solution, and I may try that.  Usually, I set the winkeyer on port
6, and rig interface on port 5.  Sometimes, out at the RV, for reasons I
don't quite understand, I have to re-route rig interface to port 3, but the
winkeyer always seems to be happy on port 6, no matter which rig I am using.

Will also wait to see if Scott has anything further to offer.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ