From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 2015 21:59:40 -0400
Some people don't have a phone but some forms require a number. Also, some
people change phone numbers that often, it would crash the system keeping up
with that. I don't know why I've had the same cell number for 13-14 years
though my home number has changed several times since living on my own but
at any rate, for what ever idiotic reason, everyone who has ever sent me
traffic with my phone number on it either has a number I had the first
couple months I lived here and got collections calls for 21 different people
daily on it so I had it changed, and another number I had back when I lived
with my parents and I only had that number for a few months because I was
involved in so much and needed my own line since my cell had no good signal
there. Still though 5 years after I had that line shut off people were still
putting it on traffic coming for me and even now, the number I had when I
moved in here and only had a few months, over 3 years ago, just the other
day was on a peace of traffic for me. That's not enforceable, and really I
only have the home phone to give when I register for something, i never
answer it and could shut it off any time without notice and would be happy
as long as I don't have to give my cell number out to anyone who doesn't
need it. Personally the phone is nothing to me but an annoyance I keep
around in case of emergencies, the last call I had that was actually worth
something was at least a year and a half ago helping someone ironically
enough, with digital modes on radio.