From:
"Jim Kutsch, KY2D" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2015 08:33:55 -0500
Phil,
I still have mine in the nightstand drawer. It works great.

Back when I was first licensed in the 1960s, we had a 10 meter repeater in
Wheeling, West Virginia. At some point, it was upgraded to a 2 meter
repeater. The repeater owner mentioned at a radio club meeting that he
wanted a time announcement. I showed him my Sharp talking Time. He bought
one, disassembled it, and interfaced it with the local repeater. For several
years  we had hourly time announcements on the repeater in the Sharp voice.

73, Jim