From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:46:44 -0600
Mike, I can't say about the icom.
The 13.8 VDC goes to the ts-480 radio.
The head gets its power with in the rj12 cable that connects it to the
radio.
The head has everything you need to run the radio, but the mike and paddle
plug in to the radio, not the control head.
Their is a speaker in the head.  which fires backwards to save space.
The headphones plug in to the head, but the external speaker plugs in to the
radio.