From:
Russ Kiehne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2014 07:23:06 -0700
Perhaps the following will help:

Kindle for iOS Accessibility Gestures - Quick Reference Guide

The Kindle reading application follows standard iOS gesture/action patterns
with a few augmentations.

Contents

Kindle Store: Buy & Download to your iOS Device

Kindle Library Gestures

Kindle Reader Gestures

Kindle Store: Buy & Download to your iOS Device

You can shop from the Kindle Store using the Safari browser and deliver
Kindle titles to the Kindle reading app on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Your device must be connected to a wireless or data network in order to
download Kindle content to your Kindle reading app.

From the Safari browser, visit the Kindle Store website:

· iPad: www.amazon.com/ipadkindlestore

· iPhone or iPad touch: www.amazon.com/kindlemobilestore

1. Sign in to the Kindle Store with the same Amazon account you used when
you registered the Kindle reading app. Browse for Kindle titles you want to
read, and then tap to view the product detail page.

2. To send the Kindle title to your device, from the Send wirelessly to
drop-down menu, select your device. If you don't see your device, make sure
you signed in with the Amazon account registered to your iPad, iPhone, or
iPod touch.

3. Tip: Tap Try a Sample to download the beginning of a book for free.

4. After you purchase content, your titles are delivered to the Kindle app
on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Check your cloud tab.

Kindle Library Gestures

Displays your e-books, periodicals, and personal documents.

Single Tap (Kindle Library)

Speaks the selected navigation control or the title, author, and download
status of a selected book, periodical or document title.

Double Tap (Kindle Library)

Initiates the selected navigation control, or opens the selected book,
periodical or document in the Kindle Reader, or downloads the title to the
device if not already there.

Swipe right or left (Kindle Library)

Selects and speaks the next or previous navigation control or content title.

Swipe up or down (Kindle Library)

Selects and speaks individual words or characters from navigation control or
content title (depending on rotor setting).

Two-finger tap (Kindle Library)

Stops speaking the current selection.

Two-finger flick up (Kindle Library)

Reads all navigation controls and content titles beginning at the top of the
screen.

Two-finger flick down (Kindle Library)

Reads all navigation controls and content titles from the current screen
position.

Two-finger “scrub,” (Kindle Library)

(making a “z,” by rapidly swiping two fingers back and forth three times)

Dismisses an alert, dismisses “Sort Order,” control, dismisses “Settings,”
menu.

Three-finger swipe up or down (Kindle Library)

Progresses one page of library titles per gesture.

Four-finger swipe right or left (Kindle Library)

Cycles to the next App in the iOS task tray.

Four-finger tap top of screen (Kindle Library)

Selects and speaks the first navigation control on screen.

Four-finger tap bottom of screen (Kindle Library)

Selects and speaks the final navigation control on screen.

“Split-tap,” (Kindle Library)

(Hold a screen element with one finger, and tap the screen with another
finger).

Short cuts the process of single tapping to select and then double-tapping
to initiate a control or open a content title.

Two-finger double-tap and hold (Kindle Library)

Renames the label spoken aloud on a navigational control to make it easier
to use.

Triple-tap with two fingers (Kindle Library)

Launches the Item Chooser.

Double-tap with three fingers (Kindle Library)

Enables mute (or unmutes) VoiceOver. Gestures and Braille output still work
as expected.

Triple-tap with three fingers (Kindle Library)

Turns the screen curtain on and off.

Kindle Reader Gestures

The Kindle reading experience once in an e-book, periodical, or document.

Single tap (Kindle Reader)

Speaks the selected reader menu control (when reader menu is active) or
selects and speaks line of text (when book page is active).

Double tap (Kindle Reader)

Launches/hides the book menu or selects the current line in the table of
contents and navigates to the page (Table of Contents).

Three finger swipe right or left (Kindle Reader)

Goes to the next/previous page

Double tap and hold (Kindle Reader)

· Launches Text Selection/Dictionary menu and speaks the word selected (when
book page is active). E-books only.

· Adjusts and speaks the words in the active text selection (when text
selection/dictionary menu is active and when a selection edge is chosen).
E-books only.

Swipe right or left (Kindle Reader)

· Selects and speaks the next or previous menu control (when reader menu is
active).

· Selects and speaks the next or previous option in the text
selection/dictionary control (when text selection/dictionary menu is
active). E-books only.

Swipe up or down (Kindle Reader)

Selects and speaks individual lines, words, or characters (depending on
rotor setting) from the page (when book page is active).

Two-finger tap (Kindle Reader)

Stops speaking the current selection.

Two-finger flick up (Kindle Reader)

· Reads all navigation controls and content titles beginning at the top of
the screen (when menu is active).

· Reads text continuously from the top of the page (when book page is
active).

Two-finger flick down (Kindle Reader)

· Reads all menu controls from the current screen position (when reader menu
is active).

· Reads text continuously from current position on page (when book page is
active).

Two-finger “scrub,” (Kindle Reader)

(Making a “z,” by rapidly swiping two fingers back and forth three times)

· Dismisses an alert, dismisses Go To, Search, X-Ray, and View Options
pop-up menus.

· Another way to hide the reader menu (when reader menu is active).

· Can be used to go back in certain menu flows.

Four-finger swipe right or left (Kindle Reader)

Goes to the next App in the iOS task tray.

Four-finger tap top of screen (Kindle Reader)

Selects and speaks the first navigation control on screen (when reader menu
is active).

Four-finger tap bottom of screen (Kindle Reader)

Selects and speaks the final navigation control on screen (when reader menu
is active).

“Split-tap,” (Kindle Reader)

(Hold a screen element with one finger, and tap the screen with another
finger).

Launches/hides the reader menu.

Two-finger double-tap and hold (Kindle Reader)

Renames the label spoken aloud on a control to make it easier to use.

Triple-tap with two fingers (Kindle Reader)

Launches the Item Chooser.

Double-tap with three fingers (Kindle Reader)

Enables mute (or unmutes) VoiceOver. Gestures and Braille output still work
as expected.

Triple-tap with three fingers (Kindle Reader)

Turns the screen curtain on and off.