From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2014 10:53:00 -0230
Hi all:

I'm wondering whats the popular antenna on this list for 160M? The reason I'm asking is because a friend of mine whipped up a 160M antenna for me based somewhat on the Alpha Delta DXCC model that covers 160/20M, not sure on the exact model.
While testing it though, not on my station, he says it tunes just fine but doesn't resinate very well, which don't make sense to me. LOL Another guy told him that's how 160 is. Its so narrow that the antenna may tune but you could resinate out of the band. Stupid right? I would think that if the antenna tunes up ok 1.5/1 SWR, it should put a signal in that group of frequencies. LOL
I'm going to put it up the last weekend in October, to try it out. I will work single op single band 40M for the contest however. Wanna try and crack the top 10 this time, hope the wind co-operates. LOL

73:
Mike VO1AX