From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2014 19:32:39 -0400
I thought that beacons were supposed to be in the range 28150 to 28300.  I
hear some two-letter beacons and other things in the CW band sometimes.
And, since I was home with a cold and the solar flux is fairly high, I heard
an over-the-horizon radar that is supposedly in Iran on 28600.  It moves
around on frequencies divisible by 50 KHz, is 100 KHz wide, and consists of
alternating pulses at about 870 and 310 Hz.  Best way to identify this is to
switch to AM.  I heard it somewhere around 1500Z.  Also worked another new
country, Cameroon, TJ3SN on 10 CW around 2030Z.  Band is somewhat open to
Japan and UA0 tonight and covered most of Europe this morning.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com