From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2014 16:39:17 -0700
First, have you explored the use of either an external mic using the VR
Stream, or a wireless mic with the receiver plugged in the what ever
recorder he winds up with.  It would be more complicated, the the results
would be great, much less ambient room noise etc.  I got a Nady mini-cam mic
for around $100 but that was maybe six years ago.  Don't know if they still
make them but it has very adequate range for a classroom setting.  There are
probably other similar wireless mic's available.    About recorders, Olympus
has a variety of them but don't know the size of the controls so that could
be problematic.  The PlexTalk Pocket has pretty well defined rounded buttons
but he would have to check one out to see if he could feel them
sufficiently.  I think all the devices have headphone jacks.  Jim WA6EKS