From:
Derek Buchanan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2014 14:26:59 -0400
This is a bit of a long shot, but does the computer have USB ports?
If so can you create a USB bootable version of Hiren?  This would
eliminate the quirky rom issues that are plaguing you at the moment.

Here are some tools that might help with creating the USB bootable
drive.  (In case one does not work, the other might.)

UNetbootin - Homepage
http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

Hopefully that helps,
Derek Buchanan

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 1:18 PM, cubbettee cubbettee
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Well friend got another virus again--this one did not seem so bad as only one box poped up asking for money, or police would be called and givng him a countdown which keeps changing when he does not comply--he thinks he got the one that was just in the papers.  Anyway I am having problem.  Normally I just use a hiren Boot Disk and run Acronis and restore an image--this gets does about every 6 months for years  The computer is set to boot from cd.  However it will not and just is going into windows.  I even tried another copy of my Hiren Boot cd as well in case my original copy that I had been using was too scratched.  I know the rom works as I put in a cd of music and was able to see the files listed.  With the two copies of the Hiren, it would not show the files even though the drive seems to be flickering at its normal pace for that cd.  From  the booting I tried f5 to go to safe mode and that hung as well as f10 for system recovery.  So I logged back into the  main user and did system restore which after reboot  said it changed nothing.  Then I tried from the hardly used profile which did not have all the pop up boxes, and I got the same result.  Then I tried safe mode again and this time I was able to get in but still after a long delay.  Used the default HP administrator that gets created and the system restore took much longer, and it was only half way done whencomputer  rebooted and went into windows.  The I tried the Hiren boot cd again to no avial booting.  Any idea what I can do?  The issues are still in his machine although it  is seeming to be a bit quicker
>
> Thanks in advance
>                           PCSOFT's List Owners:
>                       Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                         Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>