From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:29:06 -0600
the problem of course is that there are multiple repeaters on the same
frequency...so unless KQ2H is really really strong, other machines will come
in with it and make communication difficult at best...you can key up 2 or 3
repeaters at once sometimes and if one has a long hang time, you may miss
anyone coming back to you.  KQ2H has a very long hang time on the repeater
tail, so that does help...but it gets awfully noisy on those frequencies.
29.66 is even worse with machines all over the US...from where I am, I often
hear the machine in texas, new york, georgia and illinois all at the same
time with people trying to use all 4.
29.6 FM simplex can be allot of fun...also listen on frequencies every 10KC
from 29.5 and up as well for simplex activity.
29.0 to 29.3 always has some AM activity going on when the band is
open...which can also be fun to operate.
73
Colin, V A6BKX