From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2014 14:42:26 -0600
guys, seriously?
This has been on the table for more than a decade.  And honestly the UEB is
hardly much different than what we learned originally.
It's no more difficult to read or write than grade two braille.
So aposing change makes absolutely no sense at all.
Sighted readers deal with vastly differet forms of writing everyday and you
don't hear people moaning and groaning about that.
I've used a similar form of UEB in my braille writing for years and
years...allot of it is easier and quicker than sticking to some ancient form
of grade two braille, or making separation between grade 1, 2 and 3 along
with nemeth code.
I learned braille almost 30 years ago so it's not like I'm just coming into
it now.

73
Colin, V A6BKX