From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 2015 00:12:46 -0700
Hello listers, I know this is off topic and only relevant for any
of you who may have the Sendero 2015 GPS upgrade.  If you have
this, plaease check it for missing datapoints.  I sent the
following email to HW support regarding a complaint I have about
this issue.  It is my second complaint to them.  I encourage
anyone here who has the same system which I know is probably very
few, to write to HumanWare and inform them of similar issues you
may find with your GPS 2015 product.
Hello HumanWare Support.  I recently wrote you about missing
datapoints in the 2015 version of the GPS software.  I realize
that Sendero makes the product, but YOU support it.  As such, you
need to take complaints by the product users seriously.  I am
writing to notify you of yet another missing datapoint.  My wife
and I were looking for a restaurant earlier today in a local town
and I could not locate it using my Apex with GPS 2015.  When we
got home, I looked for the restaurant on my old VoiceNote using
GPS 2011 and what do you know, the restaurant was there.  It's
not simply that one restaurant is missing from the current
database, but who knows what else may be missing.  I pointed this
out in my earlier email to you.  This very much undermines my
confidence in the product and really needs to be addressed.  I
know the restaurant is still in business because some friends
recently  dined there.  I think this issue needs to be given
serious attention and I mean to post this email on at least one
other list to see if other Sendero GPS users are experiencing
this same issue.  I hope you will give this matter serious
attention as well.  I realize that HumanWare did not create this
product or the maps that it utilizes, however, if you are going
to support it, then you should take complaints such as mine
seriously, by applying pressure on the map providers to update
their databases and supply Sendero with updated ones.  I hope you
will address this issue with the appropriate people who will
resolve this positively for the many GPS users who rely on this
great product.  Sincerely, Jim Gammon