From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2015 15:35:20 +1200
Hi Scott!

Great to hear from you.

For the list, send a blank message to [log in to unmask] with
subscribe in the subject field, and I will approve it pronto.

There are a a few blind hams around, and there can be even more if we keep
working on them.

The Foundation library used to have a cassette recording of the NZART
examination [pool a few years ago, but it wasn't very well known when I
requested it for someone so they had to dig it out of archives. Don't think
it's been transferred to digital yet, and of course, cassettes are history.

I know of 6 others besides you, and with two of them having enough vision to
rely on print, it makes increasing the amount of information a pretty hard
slog. Perhaps you and I could be the nucleous of a new ABC affiliate or
branch.

One is in Auckland, Ivan Pivac but don't know his call.

Recently told the XYL she should study it because the test would be easy for
her. She said the reason she'd never done it is it's all about voice talking
on a radio, which she didn't want to do because it would be like talking on
the phone that she doesn't like. I assured her she had the wrong idea.
Granted we do that some, but it need not be a big part of how we use it if
we choose otherwise, and there are lots of other choices there to make.

73,
Dave