From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 06:40:37 -0500
I think you will find it worthwhile to hold out for a TMV71A.

The TMV7A is okay, but the TMV71 is much better when it comes to
accessibility within the menus, and setting the PL tones.

If you can't swing the cost of a new one, used ones turn up now and
then. Some will have the voice unit installed, but most will not.

Same goes for the used TMV7A, which uses a different voice unit.