From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2015 11:53:00 -0500
I hit the Windows key, type "device", down arrow to Device Manager and open
up that program.  You should see something like "devices on local computer".
I tab once into a tree view whose root is the name of your computer.  One of
the branches of this tree will be ports, com, lpt, which can be further
expanded to show the connected devices. You can press Enter on a device to
get more information about it.
I run my old Romeo 40 from a USB-to-serial adapter, rather than
USB-to-parallel.  You have to set the baud rate and stuff on the embosser,
but I was always doing this since I bought a similar embosser in 1989.  I
think the USB-to-serial connections are a little more reliable.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com