From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2015 09:20:23 -0500
I've had a couple LDG tuners and the company was always great about
answering any questions I had if I emailed them, and the tuners are decent.
The only problem I have had with them is tuning the MARS frequencies, for
some reason though there's no obvious reason for it, they don't seem happy
there for a lot of people which is why I went back to a manual tuner and
have no intention of changing back. I still have an LDG AT200 pro in my go
kit, for what I use the 706 for usually at special events, I don't need
someone blowing up my radio not knowing how to use a manual tuner but if I'm
using it at the EOC, or home, or setup in the back corner of the field day
lot again checking in to a MARS net, anywhere where I'm using it myself, I
use a manual tuner on that as well. Like Alan was referring to, on the MARS
frequencies I have problem with the tuner on, the SWR isn't very far off,
one I can even tune the antenna with the internal tuner in the radio but the
LDG won't do it. In the ham band, it will tune about anything, I just don't
understand why out of band it won't work and it really should.