From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2014 09:20:36 -0500
Butch:

I adjust my carrier when in RTTY mode. ... That way, I can get a continuous
tone while doing so.

When I got my rig back from Kenwood East, the carrier was set at 50, which,
I think, was the default.  I've turned it down to 30, which gives me an ALC
reading of 14.  If I go any higher than that, the ALC reads over.

And, yes, I agree:  There should be a better way to monitor your XMIT audio
when transmitting in SSB.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ