From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 15:22:37 -0400
In general, it would be  an external box with a male 8 pin  female
connector to go from radio to box, and  a male 8 pin connector  either
on the box or on a pigtail coming out of the box, to which the
microphone is connected.

Inside the box, the  various connections to  switches and resistors are
made.

It would be possible, although not easy, to  access the needed wires
somewhere in the regular mic cable.  Of course, you would still need a
box or enclosure for the switches and resistors.

Hope the above makes sense.

73, Steve KW3A