From:
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2014 22:06:02 -0500
Mike, I never built a project from QST. However, I built that little
two-tube, two-band transmitter that I told you guys about from an article
and schematic diagram in CQ Magazine way back in 1958, but as I recall, it
was actually an older edition of CQ that was given to me by the fellow who
helped me get into ham radio and gave me my Novice test. In those earlier
days, I always felt CQ actually had better articles and schematics in it for
the homebrew ham than QST. I tried to build a Single sideBand exciter from
an article in 73 Magazine back in 1963, but I could never get it to work. I
have no idea what I did wrong because I went over and over the circuit and
my wiring and could never figure it out.

The Schematic for the two-transistor Auditory Tuning Gimmick that I built
came from Bob Gunderson's Braille Technical Press; in fact, I built two of
them, one for Kathy Blackburn when she was Kathy Gann, and another one for
myself. That was back in 1977, and I got that little gadget out a few days
ago and put a new battery in it, and it took right off working perfectly.

Good luck with your project. What antenna are you going to build? I'd like
to make a sked with you when I get back to my rig and see how your TS-590
sounds.

Ron, K8HSY