From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2014 21:05:18 -0400
John,

I have to say that the more I use the Wouxun UV8D, the more I like it
and I'd say I'm liking it more now than my Kenwood THf6A.  It doesn't
have DC to daylight receive, but the low band receive in the THF6a was
never very good anyway.

The transmit audio on the UV8d is the best I've ever heard from an HT's
internal mike.

Looking at the front of the UV8D, on the bottom of the large display,
are two buttons on the left above the number pad.  The top left button
is the menu or function button.  The button below that is the a/b button
allowing you to switch between receivers. The A button which is the top
left button in the number pad and is the third button down on the left,
is both the dual receive button and the repeater button.  If you want to
turn on dual receive, just tap that A button.  If you want to turn on
the crossband repeat function, hold the A button in for 1 second.  To
turn off the repeat function, hold the A button in again for 1 second.

On the bottom right of the display is one button above the number pad.  That button is the exit or clear button.  The D button below that is the memory/vfo button   The top row of keys in the number pad act as a b c d in transmit mode when sending touch tones.  The 0 key is right of the 6 key and the bottom right key is the pound key and the keyboard lock is activated when you hold the pound key in.

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]