From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2014 21:21:40 -0400
Steve:

Reverting back to an older version might be a possibility.

However, I've already configured the new software for next week's contest,
and other than the incorrect county data entry field announcement,
everything else works flawlessly.  I did have to get my sighted XYL's help
with the CW port configuration issue, but once the correct port was set, it
stayed in place, even when the software program was closed, and the computer
was re-booted.

Interestingly, I found that if I made some adjustments to my winkeyer
sending speed, I could actually make the Jaws announcement for the county
data entry field to be less verbose.  The announcement was not correct, but
at least it did not make the entire announcement any more about stopping
keyboard CW sending.  I don't have a clue as to why this particular data
entry field does not work, especially since the only keyboard CW sending I
do for the contest is via the pre-programmed contest exchanges that I have
set up  for the function keys.

Anyway, this is a really strange issue which I've never seen before.

Will play around more with the software as I get time during the evenings
this week to see if I can do something else to address the situation.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ