From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2014 22:58:06 -0600
Hey bob, tune around 75 meters some night and you'll realize this is very
tame compared to many conversations occuring around the HF ham bands.
As a new comer to the list I would have expected you to be a little less
eager to jump on people who have been on list much much longer and know the
culture we have here.
When in Rome and all that?  It's the same on the air, you listen and add to
the conversations that you feel you can be a part of, or you stay out of it
when it doesn't concern you and go to a different frequency.
A little bit of back and forth between responsible adults doesn't suddenly
turn into immature scrapping unless someone, not involved, decides to stick
their nose in and try and be a list cop.
Phil is well aware and has chosen, so far, to let it work itself out, which
it won't do if we have people jumping in and creating a bigger problem by
complaining about the messages they are reading.
It never fails, a flame war only becomes a flame war when people try and
butt in without actually having anything useful to add to the conversation
or thread.
If you don't like the content of the messages, hit the delete key.
And if you've been running lists for as long as you have and moderating
them, you know damn well that making a request to the moderator to do
something about particular list traffic, by sending a message to the general
list, is not the appropriate method of making your views known.
As I've said before, and not that long ago, if you find no value in any of
my messages to this list, feel free to put me into your block senders filter
and that way, you won't have to be bothered by my immaturity.

73