From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2014 19:33:51 -0600
oh give me a break...really, beyond us working stiffs? lol
I have 10 grand in guitars and amps and pedals sitting in my living room,
and another 5G in sound equipment...I pay almost 17 grand a year just in
house rent so I can use my equipment properly...and I'm a working stiff.
So as a working stiff, if i really truly wanted a 9 thousand dollar ham
radio to go along with my other 3 HF rigs and multiple handhelds and mobiles
and crap, then I would go and get it by saving some cash and whatever else.
I don't want a 9 grand radio because it's not going to give me any more
satisfaction than a 2 grand radio will.
But there is this upside down concept that you can never afford the toys you
want.  That's crap because if you really want them, then you get them.
Lot's of people who make little money own cars worth 10's of thousands of
dollars....we as blind people don't typically need a car, so why not a 10
thousand dollar radio? it's actually cheaper than your average new or recent
model car.
And if you can get a car loan, you can get a loan to buy a radio too.
But, again, what are your priorities in life...
I think it's really cool that someone, blind or otherwise, can be
comfortable enough that he can put money towards a TS990, or an IC7800, big
antennas and tall towers and a nice piece of land to put it all on...why
not?  Doesn't make him more fortunate.
You can have all the money in the world, and still get cancer and die...or
you can have no money and get cancer and go into remission and that is worth
more than anything in life.
Anyway, this is beginning to feel like beating a dead horse, but I just am
so sick and tired of the whiny little comments when ever allan or someone
else brings up a radio like the ts990 or IC7800 or something...there is this
instant blubbering from a certain set of people that just gets irritating
after a while.
Not pointing fingers, but you know who you are.

73
Colin, V A6BKX