From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2014 17:04:33 -0400
I think the biggest issue with devices that are not officially supported will revolve around the camera. The iPad cameras, for instance, have no flash, so you’ll likely have to be more careful about lighting. Also, the iPad and iPod Touch cameras are only 5mp and don’t have as good a camera as the iPhones have. YMMV and all that, I’m sure Hai can get into more detail on this.

—
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Mobile: 814-431-0962
Email: [log in to unmask]

> On Sep 24, 2014, at 4:33 PM, Martin G. McCormick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> 	What about an IPad running IOS7? Judging from the
> nomenclature and IOS version, an IPad seems like it should also
> be able to run KNFB Reader, but I would like to know first
> before finding out the hard way that it doesn't.
>
> Thank you.
>
> 73
> Martin
> Hai Nguyen Ly writes:
>> With this being said, the KNFB Reader app will function quite well on an =
>> iPod Touch 5th generation as long as you are running a variant of iOS 7. =
>> There are currently some issues being investigate with regard to UI =
>> latency on this device running iOS 8. If you wish to install the app on =
>> an iPod 5th generation with iOS 7, I would not upgrade the device to iOS =
>> 8 until we release the update to fix the latency issues. Please use the =
>> following link to download the app. =
>> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/knfbreader/id849732663?mt=3D8&uo=3D4&at=3D=
>> 10lJ8N
>>
>> 73:
>> Hai, KC1BLT
>> On Sep 24, 2014, at 4:01 PM, Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> Mine says 7.11.  It says I can upgrade to 8.0 which I haven't done =
>> yet.
>>> Are you saying I should not if I want the reader?
>>> 73
>>> Butch