From:
Robert Ringwald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:10:38 -0700
Subject: SUPPORT HAM RADIO

Gentlemen,

Some of you live where having antennas is not a problem.  However, in many areas (like here in the Valley of the Sun) nice homes without CC&R antenna restrictions are hard to find, greatly discouraging ham activity - especially HF.  And perhaps in the future you may end up somewhere else where putting up an antenna will land you in court (yes, these !#$%^&* HOA’s enjoy taking people to court).

According to the ARRL, H. R. 4969 would ease that problem by requiring the FCC to extend the requirement for “reasonable accommodation” of Amateur Radio station antennas -- a requirement that now applies to state and local regulations -- to all forms of land use regulation, including CC&R’s.

Please send a quick note to your Representative in DC and ask him to co-sponsor H. R. 4969.

A few years ago my previous Representative, the appropriately named Jeff Flake, refused to sponsor a similar measure.  He argued that CC&R’s were a contract and could not be altered – but then I suspect that he received campaign contributions from the HOA groups.  I just sent a message to my current representative, Matt Salmon (these guys have fishy names) and we’ll see if he is in their pocket also.

Chuck