From:
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2014 15:14:48 -0500
Steve, you suggested that I do what Ameritron tells me to do, and I
absolutely agree with you 100%. That is why the first thing I did is look
carefully at the ALS-600 manual, and when that didn't give me an answer, I
called Ameritron, which is not easy to do because their phone number is not
very available. The fellow at Ameritron that I talked to danced around my
questions, and I had to shake the tree pretty hard to get a straight answer
out of him; finally, he told me that the ALC is not necessary at all and
neither was the relay buffer, but he also told me that I should stick with
Ameritron/MFJ products and they sold an excellent relay buffer. In terms of
the ALC, he said since the TS-590 only put out 100 watts, I couldn't
overdrive the ALS-600 so the ALC wasn't necessary to connect up to the
amplifier. The way he danced around the buffer question, it wasn't clear,
except he seemed to be saying I didn't need it, but they would like to sell
me the one they have available.

The people working with these companies may be great engineers and
technicians, but most of them are terrible customer service people! <Smile>

Ron, K8HSY