From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2014 11:34:25 -0400
As most others have already said, I have never used one, but I have
talked with many people who use and are satisfied with them.

If I were to have to replace my Cushcraft A3 and separate 4 element 6
meter beam, I would certainly consider this type of antenna.

Obviously, traditional style Yagi antennas with 3 or more elements will
provide more gain than a 2 element antenna.

But, if weight and physical size are important considerations for your
installation, the Hex Beam is certainly a good option that is better
than many other "small beams".

Here are a few sites. Type hexbeam into google, and you will get a
boatload of others.

www.hexbeam.com

www.k4kio.com

(This person in Alabama sells what is apparently one of the Cadillac
models. Two or three people I know here have his antennas, and speak
very well of their mechanical stability.

They are certainly not cheap.)

www.hexagonalbeam.com

(These beams are made in Florida, and are not quite as expensive as the
K4KIO antennas. I have talked with several people who use them.)

A local ham friend is in the process of building one from scratch that
will include 40 meters. It will be interesting to see how well that one
works, and how mechanically stable it is.

--
Mike Duke, K5XU