From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2014 17:32:03 -0400
I have an IC-27H, that's about 30 years old. I have mine at the EOC I
volunteer at and it works fine. No high power anymore, high is only 25 watts
instead of 45 but other than that it still works great and this one has been
beat up something horrible over the years. It even has the voice board for
frequency in it. I may have some accessible info on that radio, the TM-241,
I used to have one on packet but I never did much with it other than put it
on 145.09 and let it sit so couldn't tell you much about it. It's long gone,
it broke, I still have the mic though. IF the speaker is on the front of a
Kentwood 2 meter radio it must be the tm-271A or 281A, both are fairly
recent models. I have 2 TM-271A's here and have for about 7 years. One I
used to have mobile though the current car I had to get something with
detachable front panel so that's sitting and the other is in the house for
my wife to use and used to be on packet until I put a Motorola radio on
packet.