Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2015 09:20:13 -0700
7bit
From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
there is no duty on ham radio equipment.  But customs and brokerage fees are
not duty charges.
They are what the government charges you for the service of processing your
package through customs.
They are quite high and sometimes meet or exceed the original cost of the
item when using UPS or FedEx.
Just like Canada post, USPS is subsidized by the government and so their
brokerage fees are far less then what the private companies like UPS and
FedEx charge.
I have no idea how the fee scale works, but I do know that UPS shipments
from the states cost about double or more compared to USPS.
73
Colin, V A6BKX