Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2014 08:56:01 -0700
From:
Eric Oyen <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
well,
if they would make the trusted QSL program (and some other related logging programs) a lot more accessible using windows, we wouldn't be having the problem of not being able to upload logs.

Considering I use a mac here (and the only supported screen reader on here is voiceover), I can't use trusted QSL at all. the interface has a lot of unknown fields, half of which are blank. SOme of the controls are unlabeled and a few of the tools simply are not accessible at all.

I had tried to contact the developer of trusted QSL twice in the last 19 months. the first time, I got no response at all. THe second time, I vented my frustration at the lack of accessibility. THat one got a response:

1. I need to change my attitude
2. since the author is uncompensated, I have no rights to make demands (of which he is correct).

Still, instead of asking me what elements needed to be changed to be easier to use (and not just on a mac), I was dismissed without any further comment. Now, I know a lot of software devs to donate their time, but seriously, they need to realize that we are a growing population and we need to be addressed.

oh well, I just won't participate in LOTW. I have let everyone on the contests that I contact over the air know this: "I wish I could upload to LOTW, but the applications that certify the logs are not accessible to the blind… sorry about that."

so, if someone wants to blacklist me because of my disability, then they can. However, doing so anonymously proves only 1 thing: they are cowards and deserve only one response: no response at all.

-eric