Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2014 20:33:40 -0400
From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
The day after I read Howard's account of using his KX3 in the park, I
received a phone call inviting me to the event described below. The
call came from an enthusiastic guy who wants to learn skills, and have
fun on the radio. Sound familiar to anyone?

He is part of a group in a nearby town who meet up for coffee and radio
discussions on Saturday morning, thus the name "SMART," which means
"Saturday Morning Amateur Radio Time."

They decided to get a group together with as many different models of
equipment as possible in order to give the new hams, many of whom do
not have any HF gear yet, or who must deal with restricted antenna
situations, a chance to see what's out there, and get a feel for how it
operates.

The event is at the beginning of the SSB sweepstakes, but it will be
fun. We may play in the contest, but we will spend some casual
operating time on 17 and 12 meters too.

I will post the call that will be used here when I know in case anyone
wants to listen out for us.

K5XU

Subject:SMART in the Park

Dear Amateur Radio Operators,

The date for Saturday Morning Amateur Radio Time (SMART) in the Park
will be November 15th at 1:00 PM at Strawberry Patch Park, 271 St
Augustine Drive, Madison, MS 39110.

You are welcome and encouraged to bring your radio and antennas,
however, that is not required. There will be a number of radios
available for use in order to evaluate different brands and models.

Please do not bring any gasoline generators due to noise concerns. We
will have batteries and solar panels available for power.

This event is open to any licensed Amateur Radio operator. Please let
me know if you have any questions.

73

David, KC5AAW