Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 09:21:17 -0600
7bit
From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
for now probably the AA170 or AA600...the antscope software is the same for
all the new models from the AA30 to the AA1400...the differences being upper
frequency range as the model number indicates.
The rig experts are much nicer than the MFJ units and pricing is better.
There are older models as well that are discontinued but available on the
used market, but they all seem to use the same antscope software.
With just a brief look at the antscope software, menus are accessible, and
the main screen can be read with jaws cursor...without a unit to connect
though, no information is shown on the main screen.  There are plenty of
hotkeys built in for switching modes and so on.
If not totally accessible, the software seems as though it could be scripted
or modified by someone with programming expertees to read the important
measurement info.
And, with the serial data port out of the unit, the hampod could likely be
programmed to work with the unit if you wanted a portible solution.

73
Colin, V A6BKX