ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 01:19:54 -0800
I have a friend  (sort of) who is forever complaining, she is always
talking negatively about her husband, her children, her grandchildren,
theirbills, the house, the weather, her physical condition, (she
neverfeels well) so, when I speak to her, I usually end up feeling so
very tired, and a little frustrated and depressed myself.  I told her
that I am easilly affected by negative talk, I realize that sometimes we
need to vent, but constantly concentrating on what is wrong isn't doing
her or me any good, so I told her, if she has something negative to talk
about, a real for sure problem, she should think of at least two
positive things first.  You know how it is, life is hard for all of us,
sometimes we are fine, and sometimes we feel almost suffocated by stress
and worry, but if in those stressful moments I will think, of something,
one thing good, I don't feel so depressed, or distressed!
I wonder why some people are so negative, perhaps something in their
past, maybe they are afraid that good things will not last long,why is
it, that as Christians we feel as though we must put up with anything
anyone else wants to give us, just because we name the name of Christ,
does that make us pushovers?  Can one be assertive, and yet kind?
Rhonda