ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:16:12 -0600
What? You are human? I thought when you became Christian you were suppose
to be holy and all that? I'm shocked!! Hehehehehhehe. Let me count the ways
I've failed in this regard with my family, and I guarantee you it will be
longer than a few pages. Everything from crushing a delicate fragile
emotion of a loved one to whipping a kids bike from one wall to another
across the garage in a fit of fury. Thankfully some of those childish
tantrums have been removed from me... at least I believe and hope they are.
And what about stomping out vain imaginations? My boots are red from
stomping out fits of anger, green with fits of envy, and blue from fits of
self pity. And the rest of unholy images that are whipped up in the mind
that I can't associate a color to right now. But although we do have these,
it is grace and mercy that allow us to not only be forgiven, but help us
come back to our place in God. Hopefully before further damage is done.
Family members are great for pushing our buttons aren't they? They are the
ones who know us best and know just where to target what button at what
time for their own designs, and we, shamefully are no different at times.
But we learn and grow and hopefully it takes more effort by others to get
that rise out of us that the last time, and we are quicker to realize where
the accusations are coming from and for what purpose. Wasn't it Jesus who
said... Forgive them Father for they know not what they do?" But they do
know you say. They do know exactly what they are doing by saying these
accusations. Yes they do but blinded by the need for the fulfilling of self
designs, justification of their own behaviors, make you smaller so they
appear  taller. There are a myriad of reasons people do such to loved ones
because they feel that their loved ones will forgive them, they feel the
love goes so deep that they can abuse it and get away with it for their own
desires and agenda. After all, isn't this exactly what we do to God?

Ouch!

Brad