ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 08:04:58 -0500
Rhonda

No wonder you're feeling overwhelmed right now.  Don't let your fears and
tears add feelings of guilt to the situation.  The LORD understands.  Let it
go and let it out.  I'm sure any of us would be happy to talk to you on the
phone.  This sort of thing is just what Phil's ministry is about, praying
people through tough times like this, so feel free to call any of us  or
write to us off list any time you just want to let go and pour out your
heart if you're not comfortable doing that in public or in writing on the
list.

Next, being a guy I approach these things on the logical level (and we all
know I like lists.  Smile.)  So, first things first, what do you need to get
by when Ben is hospitalized?  Is there anyone at all to help you with things
Ben might have helped you with, paying bills or whatever?  Are you close to
anyone, pastors, etc., at church who can help if you explain your situation?
If not, try to find out from Ben whatever details you need to approach each
day step by step and issue by issue.  If nothing else, I just heard on TV
that the Salvation Army helps out with a lot of stuff most folks never
imagine and they might have someone who can help you in ways you don't
expect or can make a referral for things you wouldn't imagine they would do.
Especially this time of year.  And if not them, there are probably other
agencies that exist for emergency situations or just for coping situations
like this.  (I don't know, but if you get hold of some of the agencies for
the Blind could they recommend someone who specializes in assisting blind
folks with sudden needs like this?)

It sounds like you have a lot of conjecture.  Not sure what the job will pay
or when, etc.  Is there any way you can nail those things down and know
exactly what you're dealing with?  Sometimes it's impossible to get a handle
on things in one big, scary mass but try to get as much of the facts as
possible and deal with these things bite by bite rather than being
overwhelmed by a lot of vague possibilities that might not happen.  (Which
is what I do all the time.  Smile.  So I've got to work on practicing what I
preach.)  Whatever it is, as we can read from Gail's note and from other
testimonies on the list, JESUS can and will get you and Ben through even
this situation, and this is only a small valley on the way to eternal Glory,
so don't lose perspective.  It's just a matter of how He gets you through
and whether there is anything you and Ben can do to make it easier on
yourselves along the way.

Praying for you and Ben.

Paul