ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:41:19 -0500
Hey, Family

A tradition I've started with myself (if that's possible) and that I hope
(there's that word again) to set up with a family of my own some day is A
Thousand Thanks.  I literally write a list of a thousand things I'm thankful
for on Thanksgiving.  It's not as easy as it sounds.  And be specific.
Don't just say "I'm thankful for food" but, as my list says this year "Thank
you, LORD, for pistachio nuts!"  Why?  Because this is the first year I am
eating them with my new teeth.  Haven't had them since I was a kid.  (By the
way, the health food police have removed the red dye from them so don't
worry about making a mess, except with the shells.  Smile.)

Try it.  (The list, not the pistachios.  Smile.)  It's fun and a real
learning experience.

Pilgrim Paul