VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 3 Sep 2016 09:38:23 -0700
Hi all,

I've been playing with the new and improved narrator in Windows 10
Anniversary, and I like it. I don't use Narrator enough to speak with
any kind of authority,
but there seem to be a few new commands, and some old commands have
definitely been reassigned in a good way. The responsiveness is also
great, even on my seriously budget tablet.

I'm tempted to try going Narrator-only for a while on the tablet. Is
anyone using Narrator full time or maybe using it full-time in certain
contexts? If
so, what do you notice about it?

Anyway, I found some resources on Narrator.

For Narrator help, I found this, which includes much more info than for
previous versions:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22798/windows-10-narrator-get-started

And for accessibility help and general keyboard shortcuts for Windows
and for apps, I found this:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/accessibility/2016/08/09/new-accessibility-documentation-for-the-windows-10-anniversary-update/

This is interesting and exciting.

Ciao