VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 20:05:02 -0800
7bit
Sender:
From:
Tom Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Hi,
While riding home from work with my coworker one day, I noticed that she was
using an iPhone and I got curious about it and asked her if she'd let me
check it out.  As I did, she briefed me on the basic gestures and I went
exploring.  Needless to say, despite the unfamiliarity of the touch screen I
was wowed by the device and resolved to pick one up the following weekend.
I bought one for me and one for my girlfriend.  This was back in early 2011.
Since then I've loaded it up with all kinds of killer apps and it's my go-to
device for just about anything short of major word processing and work with
spreadsheets. Aside from my BrailleNote Apex, I'd have to say that my iPhone
is the best technological investment I've made.  As I go about my daily
activities it's always with me, ready for whatever task I throw at it, from
ordinary phone calls to messaging, e-mail, managing my calendar and
contacts, using social media, leisure reading, GPS navigation, games,
listening to music, using camera apps to identify objects, basic optical
character recognition, shopping, online banking, web browsing, as I said,
just about anything short of major word processing and spreadsheet work and
doing my laundry. It's my wicked fun little pocket computer and I dig the
hell out of it.

Tom
  .