From:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2013 09:02:15 -0600

Thank you for all the responses.  My question was is brand name Full Circle
Organic Long Grain Rice gluten free.  According the link below, yes it is.

Here is the Full Circle GF list.  It is owned by Lowe's Foods, so the info
hasn't always been easy to find.  On the Lowe's web site is also a link to a
GF list for all the Lowe's foods, including Full Circle.  I have found that
some FC stuff is clearly labeled GF, even though it's not on either list.
The web site makes it sound like the allergen statements on packages are
reliable. I open lists like this in the Adobe app in my iPad.  Once opened,
the app keeps the document.  That comes in handy some stores where cell
reception is poor to nonexistent.

http://www.lowesfoods.com/lfs/assets/Docs/FCLowesglutenfreelist.pdf

Several people made mention of this regarding cross contamination:  Usually,
rice and wheat are not grown in the same fields (crop rotation) nor even
same parts of the country, so unlikely there would be issues of processing
cross-contamination like one sees with oats getting some barley or wheat
mixed in from these practices. Also, with rice, at least one can rinse it to
remove any potential crumbs from cross-contamination!

One person said:  The only brand I trust is Lundberg Farms. They own the
land, processing and packaging facilities and only use gluten free raw
products. Lundberg also is the only manufacturer who also tests for arsenic.

*******
*******